Friday, September 9, 2011

It Gets Easier.

The first day coming to Jewell was scary. It was different than high school, I was on my own for the first time in my life. I'd never left my parents before. Being the baby of the family didn't help either. When my sisters moved away to college I had my mom and dad all to myself, I was the center of their attention. The idea of moving away and not being able to see them everyday scared me.
By the end of the first week of school I had seen my mom and dad almost everyday since I'd left. Seeing my parents and living so close to my sisters made leaving much easier, even though I go home at least once a week. I never seem to be alone anymore, I am either at my sister's apartment or at home.  I seem to be staying here at Jewell more often now that I'm settled in though.
When I first got to Jewell I thought that I was going to be fine on my own, I was wrong. I knew that I needed my parents but I didn't realize how much they did for me until they weren't around all the time. I have been dependent on my parents for the past eighteen years and all of the sudden I had to become dependent on myself. This was much more difficult than I thought. I call my parents, on average, five times a day. I have become more independent but I still need my mom and dad. My parents are there for me whenever I need them and I appreciate them more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment