Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mabee Not

Last night I had my first day of work in the Mabee Center.  I was somewhat excited for it because I was told that all I would have to do was sit at a desk and check I.D.'s as people came in and I could do my homework.  Getting paid to do my homework is nice, right?  Wrong! Last night was quite possibly the most boring night of my life!  As I was sitting there in the heat, watching all the athletes run in circles for two hours I decided to do my my homework. So, I got out my book and stared at it for a while and realized that I like it quiet when I read. So I continued to sit there . . . and sit there . . . and sit there. For four hours! While I sat there I compiled a list of things I rather be doing. I'd rather . . .
1. . . . watch grass grow.
2. . . . be sitting in Responsible Self.
3. . . . sell my kidneys.
4. . . . get a root canal.
5. . . . take a tumble down a flight of stairs.
6. . . . teach the deaf how to listen.
And the list goes on.

Needless to say, I had a glorious time last night. And of course, lucky me, gets to go back tonight and do it all again! I'm so excited, i just can't wait!

It's time to say goodbye.
Until we meet again.

1 comment: