Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween!


Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! October 31st is known to many as Halloween or All Hallows Eve, the night before All Saints Day and two nights before All Souls Day.  Throughout my childhood Halloween was always a big holiday to celebrate. All through October my elementary school teachers use to prepare for the big day. In elementary school it was always a big deal to get to dress up at school and have a Halloween party. As I got older Halloween became less and less exciting. In middle school we weren’t allowed to dress up for the holiday or celebrate it at all during school. By the time I was in high school, Halloween was just another reason to throw a party. The holiday was always big fun as a child but as I grew up it died down. Although it is no longer a big deal to my friends the holiday will always be big in my family. Not only is it a time that we get to dress up and be our quirky selves but it’s also my papa’s birthday! My family all gets together for the big day and some of the grandkids even dress up. We have a Halloween party with just my family and it seems to be more and more fun every year as our family adds new members.  We might be too old to trick-or-treat now but it’s still a lot of fun to help hand out candy and see all of the little kids’ costumes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment