Sunday, October 16, 2011

Footloose!


This weekend I went to see Footloose with my mom and my sister. It was AWESOME! It's a movie about a little town in Georgia banning dancing for kids under the age of eighteen. Imagine if we had ridiculous laws like this today! The movie showed how kids will do anything to get what they want, even if that means going up against the government. Instead of continuing to dance in secret and break the law they stood up for what they believed in. If everyone had the courage to stand up for what they believed in the world would be a whole different place.
My favorite part of Footloose would be the witty lines of the character Willard. He is the main character’s best friend and is not the most intelligent guy. On a side note, my sister and I can now annoy my family with quotes from Footloose instead of Due Date and Burlesque. We can now replace "I despise you on a cellular level." " I've heard that before and I'm working on it" from Due Date with "I think you're sexier than socks on a rooster" from Footloose. I'm sure my family will appreciate this greatly.
I am a big fan of musicals and Broadway shows. I have seen many musicals and I love going back for more. I have seen Guys and Dolls at Starlight, Sweet Charity on Broadway, and several musicals at my high school. I loved Footloose but my favorite musical would have to be either Burlesque or Sweet Charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment