Sunday, November 6, 2011

TED

I was recently assigned a project in one of my business classes. I had to watch three videos on a website called Ted.com. This website is home to thousands of videos and all I had to do was choose three to present on. I went in thinking that this assignment would be easy but when I got to the site I didn't know where to go from there.  I could choose anything. There were videos on every topic you could ever think of. Amazed at the amount of videos I had to choose from I chose three random videos. One of the videos I watched was an architect speaking about how he built houses. He wasn't just a regular architect; he was a creator. He didn't just build houses, he created art. The houses he created were made almost entirely from recycled material. He got most of his materials from junk yards and donated scraps. Instead of buying paint to paint the walls he would make pictures out of bottle caps and glue them to the wall. He used scraps of wood to make abstract ceilings and walls and never had to pay for them. He not only made his houses out of recycled material but he decorated them with recycled material too. He wanted his creations to be different so he would take front doors from the junk yards and make them into windows on the second floor. He put things where they generally didn't belong so the houses he made were unlike any other.  Not only were his creations unique but they were eco- friendly. I enjoyed watching this TED video because it showed me how I can create cool things without spending money. It was a new way of looking at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment