Saturday, November 5, 2011

Time

Time is everything. Have you ever noticed how much we depend on time? It is almost like our lives revolve around time. Everything has a set time. Every event in our lives has a time. What time is it at? What time should I be there? What time will it end? Everything has a time. Even this blog has a time. It has the time that I started it and the time that I finished it and the time it is due. Our world revolves around time.
There are three dimensions: height, width, and depth. Could there be a fourth dimension? I think that if there were to be a fourth dimension it would be time.
My high school algebra teacher had this conversation with my algebra class last year. She pointed out that everything we do has a time, including us. We are three dimensional, but if time were the fourth dimension we could be four dimensional. We have time just like we have height, width and depth. We have a certain time that we came to be and a certain time when we will no longer be. Time consumes us. We don't want to be late because everything starts on time and we don't want to miss that time. We do things in a hurry to save time and if we procrastinate we are wasting time. Every single little thing we do has to do with time.We live and breath time.
I find this topic very difficult to explain since time is not a fourth dimension. I don't think that most people realize how much we depend on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment