Sunday, November 6, 2011

What's your role?

What is your role in the world? There are many issues in the world today that people don't even look twice at. The way I see it, people like me don't have the money, the support, or the power to make a difference in the world. My role in the world today is very small. I live my life for me and don't really think of those in need because I don't think that I can really help them. I am just an eighteen year old college student from St. Joseph, Missouri, what can I do to help the world? Writing this blog has made me think of those who do help to make a difference in the world. Most people we hear about who support charities and go to other countries to help out are celebrities or medical professionals. For those of you who don't know me, I am neither a celebrity nor a medical professional. Then I stopped to think about those who go on mission trips with their schools or churches. People don't have to be wealthy or a trained professional to help others, they just have to want to help. As of right now, I don't have much of a role in the world as far as volunteering and helping goes. I don't need money or anything like that to help, I can help out around my community and make a difference here. Maybe making a difference in my own community will make other people want to help too and then eventually we could make a change in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment